In plain Indonesian: "Takut dikucilkan"
What makes a people being ostracized?
- Being different, low tolerance of anything out of the ordinary
- Hatred, the person might be a troublemaker
- Plain jealousy (Remember Joseph & his brothers?)
These might occured if you're being ostracized:
- Low self-esteem, loneliness, depression
- Lost of dependency both physical & emotional
- Instinct to conform with the norm
- fierce & uncontrollable loyalty out of no reason
- In an ill group, sometimes that means doing criminal stuff together
When a norm is being challenged & accepted, to keep the group healthy ask yourself these questions:
- Is this permitted? Where's the line?
- Why is this happening?
- Who's the culprit?
- If your guts says 'this is wrong', then what can I do to stop it?
Yep. Before one day you opened your eyes and discover you have participated in bullying/genocide masked in loyalty.
My faith dictated that I should prefer to be ostracized rather than conforming w/o any questions. Hard but I'm trying.
a0z0ra @ 3:44 PM  |